Commemorative Services are held on the 2nd Sunday of June and September of each year. All are welcome.
The McDougall Stoney Mission Church is available for wedding rentals. The church and surrounding grounds provide a very special, unique, and culturally rich environment for a truly memorable wedding.
A wedding at the site will have the following costs:
- Donation for the use of the Church will be $650.00.
- Of the total, a charitable tax receipt will be issued for $500.00.
- A non-returnable deposit is $100.00.
- There is an additional cost for a rehearsal if held at the site.
- Cheques should be made out to "McDougall Stoney Mission Society".
Other items to note:
- Our Chaplin is available to officiate at wedding services at the site, but you may use other officiants if you desire.
- The church will seat a maximum of 100 people.
- Music is at your discretion however please note that there is NO electricity at the site.
- The photography at the McDougall site is fantastic with Mountain vistas, prairie views, Ghost Lake, and of course our beautifully maintained church.
- Parking for the wedding party and wheelchair vehicles is next to the log cabin. This cabin may be used by the bridal party. Washroom facilities are located in out-houses beyond the cabin.
- The site offers limited catering space. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on site.
- Lit candles are not allowed on the site due to the extreme fire danger.
- Your Wedding Host will advise you on decorating guidelines.
- The site is a Historic site and therefore artifacts can not be moved. The weddings hostess has no discretion on removing/moving items due to the Alberta historical site standards.
For further inquires or to book a wedding, call Ann at: 403.282.3044. Alternately, you may contact Ann by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.